Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Early Concept

This is an early concept of Keeko I did for "Tak & the Power of Juju". I figure it's been long enough that I can start sharing some of this work that might never see the light of day otherwise. The characters for the show went through alot of revisions and changes during preliminary development. Some designs were approved and developed further and some didn't make the cut like this one. It was alot of work but also alot of fun exploring different ideas and concepts and trying to discover who these characters were-I always enjoy the exploration stage... I wasn't required to do the painting( I just did that for fun and for practice I guess).
BTW, if anyone is interested, Cal State Fullerton is having an Alumni Exhibition at the Grand Central Art Center in Santa Ana right now that features work by alumni working in the entertainment industry. There's some designs I did for Tak on display. More info can be found here.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, you're in that?! I got a card about it. I'd go if it wasn't, you know, in SoCal. Long drive for a short weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great character design Jen. I'm glad you decided to paint it- the warms and cools really work well with each other. Hope to see you at the show Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O.o I need to respond to your email! How'd the show go?

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated to keep out the spam, if your comment doesn't show up right away don't worry it will be reviewed soon. Thanks for taking the time to comment!