Monday, December 19, 2011

Feeling Crafty

So recently I've become quite obsessed with needle-felting. This is Charley, he was my first attempt and I had so much fun making him that I couldn't wait to make more. He's about 13 inches long from tail tip to nose. I pretty much taught myself using a few tutorials online and also stabbing my fingers a bunch of times - For those who aren't familiar, needle-felting involves using a special barbed (and very sharp) needle to shape and adhere raw wool fibers together. I really enjoy the process of working with the raw wool. It's a new and refreshingly welcome challenge that I've found has combined my interest in sculpting and knitting into something I absolutely love. It's also a nice break from hours spent staring at a computer screen...

1 comment:

All comments are moderated to keep out the spam, if your comment doesn't show up right away don't worry it will be reviewed soon. Thanks for taking the time to comment!